7 days 7 posts 7 guest- Day 2

LIQUID EYELINER TYPES AND EYELINER TUTORIAL
by Lauren From Lauren Loves…

hi I'm Lauren from Lauren loves... I'm so excited to be guest posting on beauty and blog, hope you enjoy it...

Liquid eyeliners, felt-tip eyeliners, gel eyeliners… how’s a girl supposed to choose which one to use? Well here’s my little show of different types of eyeliners, the effects they give and finally my first beauty how-to video: how I apply liquid eyeliner!


From L-R: Bourjois Liner Feutre, Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eye Liner, No7 Gel Eyeliner
Bourjois Liner Feutre


This eyeliner comes in the form of a felt-tip pen to make it easy to use. As you can see the nib is very precise and does give easy application.


It’s a great products for first time users, the nib gives a steady flow of liner and makes eyeliner easy. My only complaint is that it’s not a very dark line, it’s more watery and grey.


Here’s the result. A great line and really easily applied but I’d prefer something more bold.

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eye Liner


This eyeliner comes in the traditional pot-and-brush format, the handle on the blog is the perfect length to hold easily and balance on your hand for a smooth line. I like the tip of this brush too, it’s a felty brush which I find easier to use than the traditional bristles brush.


You can see the brush holds together and isn’t bendy so gives a great line. Here’s the result


You can see it gives a bold line, it’s not too thick and application is really easy and controllable.

No7 Gel Eyeliner




This eyeliner is an ink pot and brush application. The brush has a very small handle which is quick fiddly, and apparently the eyliner dries up in the pot after a while. The brush length is really good though, nice and short for precise application. As you can see in my old review, it’s really lovely to use, but maybe not a first-time liquid liner to use. Here’s the result


This liner gives a very bold line again, and as you can see from the very first photo,


in comparison to other liquid eyeliners it looks more gel and shiney compared to the others.
The last thing I have to show you is a liquid eyeliner tutorial! This is my first ever video and you can probably see I’m really nervous – I’m glad I managed to keep a smooth hand through the video!

VIDEO IS HERE
Hope this information and tutorial was useful! x

Beauty and the Blog says... Thanks for the great post Lauren, If you want to see more of Laurens work just click HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment